A few days ago, I reached the first episode of the final series of The Office US (yes, yes I’m a late passenger on the Scranton train but better late than never right?). It has been a hilarious journey and one that has ended with The Office taking a top spot as one of my favourite TV shows ever.
I think one of the best things about The Office is that I can’t work out who my favorite/funniest character is. Whether it be Michael & his insulting comments, Stanley with his facial expressions or Creed & his creepy thoughts, it pretty much changes every other episode for me.
So, to commiserate the end of an era (not really, but it felt long) I’ve listed a few of my favourite moments/episodes so far:
1. Michael and Toby –
The relationship between Michael and Toby during the whole show constantly had me in fits of laughter (poor Toby!) It was pretty hard to pick a favourite moment between them so I’ve chosen 2:
- Toby returns from Costa Rica (Season 5, ep 9:Frame Toby)
- Toby and Michael’s counselling session (Season 7, ep 2: Counseling)
2. Dwight’s fire drill (Season 5, episode 14: Stress Relief) –
Probably one of the funniest opening scenes I’ve ever watched – seriously, I was laughing so much that I had to pause it and take a five minute break.
3. Jim runs away from Robert California (Season 8, ep 9: Mrs California) –
In his attempt to avoid getting involved in the whole hiring/firing Mrs California nonsense, Jim ends up abandoning his car in the middle of the car park, climbing up to the roof and losing a shoe, only to find Robert California and Andy waiting for him at the end. I think it was more Robert’s determination to find Jim that got me laughing.
4. Tallahassee (Season 8, ep 2) –
I pretty much only chose this episode for the whole Dwight appendicitis situation..
5. Secret Santa (Season 6, ep 13) –
Michael’s mad that Jim has allowed Phyllis to be Santa instead of him – and he just can’t seem to let it go!
6. Branch Wars (Season 4, ep 10) –
Jim’s face :’)
Obviously the funniest thing about this episode is Jim, Dwight and Michael’s trip to Utica to stop Stanley from transferring. However, the writers managed to keep up the humour back at the office, with Andy trying to get into the exclusive ‘Finer Things Club’.
7. Jim thinks he got the last laugh (Season 8, ep 12:Pool Party) –
8. Parkour (Season 6, ep 1: Gossip) –
9. Creed is the new manager (Season 7, ep 25: Search Committee part 1) –
*going to have to click on the actual link for this one*
10. Kelly & Ryan get divorced (Season 7, ep 15: The Search) –
All that remains is for me to enjoy these final episodes & choose a new show to fill the soon to be void that The Office will be leaving in my heart – Parks and Recreation here I come!
Random side note: Can we just appreciate the fact that this post literally took me days to finish due to countless distractions from The Office clips on Youtube – this is what happens when you try to write about your appreciation for TV.